Construction Skills Certification Scheme
How can Workforce Skills Support help you?
Workforce Skills Support deliver NVQ qualifications that are recognised by the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS), in turn allowing employers and candidates to apply for their CSCS cards.
How does it work?
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ’s) are experienced worker assessments that take place onsite for workers without formal qualifications.
We offer onsite-assessment nationwide for experienced workers at Operative, Supervisory and Management level. These assessments help experienced workers demonstrate existing skills, knowledge and experience against the national recognised standards from Level 1 up to Level 7.
Our NVQ’s tie into the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) and its related partner card schemes including National Plant Operators Register (NPORS), Construction Plant Competence Card Scheme and many others allowing employers and learners to apply for their CSCS cards.
Whilst at their place of work, individuals will be visited by their assessor who will guide them through each part of the process, observe them working and provide the highest levels of support until they complete their qualification. Ideal for individuals and employers needing to avoid downtime and days away from site. If you are unsure of what NVQ’s are suitable or what cards are available please contact Workforce Skills Support for further information and advice.
How to apply for a CSCS Card?
It’s possible to apply online for your CSCS card. The online service that CSCS.uk.com provides a fast and easy way to submit your application. There are a number of elements to bare in mind before applying online, they are:
- That you have a passport quality photo – there should only be yourself with head and shoulders with a white background
- Your qualification certificate should be in the form of a scanned copy or other proof that you registered to completed the relevant construction qualification
- A copy of your CITB Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) test (scanned copy) at the appropriate level and ensure it has been completed within the last 2 years
- The cost of the application is £36.00 and you can use a credit or debit card
Here is the link to apply: https://www.cscsonline.uk.com/login
Types of CSCS Card:
Click below to see more info over at CSCS.uk.com.
- CSCS Labourer Card – CSCS Green Card
- CSCS Apprentice Card
- CSCS Experienced Technical Supervisors or Manager Card
- CSCS Experienced Worker card
- CSCS Trainee Card
- CSCS Skilled Worker / Blue CSCS Card
- CSCS Advanced Craft Card
- CSCS Supervisory Card
- CSCS Manager Card
- CSCS Academically Qualified Person Card
- CSCS Construction Site Visitor Card
- CSCS Professionally Qualified Person Card
- CSCS Provisional (Temporary Card)