CPCS A15 – Forklift Side Loader
CPCS A15 Course Aims
To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card. This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a Forklift Side Loader .
It teaches you how to operate and maintain a Forklift Side Loader safely.
Course Content of Forklift Side Loader
- Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel to and Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift and remove various loads using the full working height of the forklift
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Maintain safe working situations
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Duration of Training
To be confirmed on completion of Initial Analysis, dependent on experience.
CPCS A15 Test
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
To upgrade the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card you will have to achieve, within 2 year, the relevant NVQ – For more information on required NVQ contact Tel – 01623 287830
£ Please contact
Places availableContact us to book onto this course