CPCS Grader – CPCS A19
CPCS Grader Course Aims
This CPCS training course is aimed at people who require a formal qualification for operating a Grader. We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a two-day experienced worker course.
CPCS Grader Course Content
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for general grading and side-casting duties
- Configure and set for high bank work
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Produce even finishes
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Duration of Training
To be confirmed on completion of Initial Analysis, dependent on experience.
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
To upgrade the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card you will have to achieve, within 2 year, the relevant NVQ – For more information on required NVQ contact Tel – 01623 287830
£ Please contact
Places availableContact us to book onto this course