Roller Training – Roller Ticket – CPCS A31
Roller Training Course Aims
To provide comprehensive practical and theory-based construction plant training in operating a Ride on Roller, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Course Content of Roller Training
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all necessary plant equipment pre-use and running checks.
- Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the ride on roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Duration of Training
To be confirmed on completion of Initial Analysis, dependent on experience.
CPCS Ride on Roller Test
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
To upgrade the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card you will have to achieve, within 2 year, the relevant NVQ – For more information on required NVQ contact Tel – 01623 287830
£ Please contact
Places availableContact us to book onto this course