Screener Course – NPORS N208
Screener Course Course Aims
This course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Screener in order to enable the candidate to pass the NPORS Theory and Practical Tests.
Screener Course Content
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and set for travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for screening duties to produce aggregate to specified sizes.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Screen differing types of materials into graded sizes.
- Sort materials into graded sizes.
- Control and maintain the work flow rate.
- Use appropriate communication procedures before and during work.
- Explain procedures for blockages and foreign object removal.
- Clean down the machine and working area.
- Carry out shut down and secure procedures.
- Explain the loading, unloading and machine disassembly procedures for machine transporting.
Screener Course Training Method
This highly interactive practical and classroom-based training course concludes with practical assessment and theory tests, demonstrating the candidate’s full understanding of the training.
Screener Course Duration
Novice Operator: 3 Day, maximum of 3 candidates
Experienced Operator: 1 Day test only, maximum of 6 candidates
Location: Nationwide Delivery on-site
Screener Course Certification
For entrants that wish to apply for the NPORS Traditional Card, there is no requirement to do an NVQ qualification. If the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ is required on the card, entrants must ensure they have attended and passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the two years prior to application for the card and will have to achieve, within 2 year, the relevant NVQ – For more information on required NVQ contact Tel – 01623 287830
£ Please contact
Places availableContact us to book onto this course