Tower Crane Training – CPCS A04
Tower Crane Training Course Aims
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Tower Crane, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Course Content of Tower Crane Training
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks and place the crane into service
- Explain procedures that must be taken if assessing the jib for inspection and maintenance purposes
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Explain the reasons for changing the number of falls of rope
- Explain actions required for hazards and overhead services
- Programme/set-up rated capacity indicators and/or other load/distance indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads, Minimise the swinging of loads
- Move loads through machine travel and comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working situations
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures
Duration of Tower Crane Training
To be confirmed on completion of Initial Analysis, dependent on experience.
A: Trolley Jib
B: Luffing Jib
Tower Crane Operator Training Cost – please enquire.
Tower Crane Operator Course Test
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS touch screen H+S test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
To upgrade the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card you will have to achieve, within 2 year, the relevant NVQ – For more information on required NVQ contact Tel – 01623 287830
£ Please contact
Places availableContact us to book onto this course